Simpson Hybrid Adult Device
Simpson Hybrid devices are the only FIA approved Head and Neck Restraint on the market that protect during front and offset impacts. Designed for easily exiting the car without the danger of getting hung up on other gear, the device sits on your back/shoulders, not over the chest or collarbone as with the old HANS-type devices. Plus, they provide you with maximum comfort and maneuverability.
An evolution of the Hybrid Pro Rage, the new Hybrid Sport device improves upon the design and technology which promises the racer an improved product, at the same price range as the old model. The Hybrid Sport is lighter, weighing in at 20% less for the large, including hardware; and the DuPont carbon/polymer construction is sleek, modern and appealing with defined wings for better harness containment. The sliding tethers and multi-tether system enhances the side to side range of movement and field of vision. The Hybrid Sportis SFI approved and FIA certified however in Child and Youth sizes it is just SFI 38.1 certified.
- ‘Slide’ design offers increased visibility
- DuPont carbon/polymer construction
- Unrivalled angular impact protection and device stability
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Minimalistic design. Compact size under 7“
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
- FIA 8858-2010 approved